We care about children and young people in these parishes. We want to provide opportunities in church for them to grow in faith and make friends. We want to invest in families, and we have time where children and their parents/carers can learn and worship and grow together as part of the church community. We also go into schools, as we are part of this wider community: we are part of the heritage and part of the present.
Below are some of the things we've started recently. For more information - contact us - otherwise for Junior Church, Creative Church or Family Services just turn up with your child!
Sunday School (Junior Church)
We started Sunday school in Tweedmouth church in September 2011. Since then, we’ve had lots of children come and enjoy learning about God and having fun.
On the 2nd & 3rd Sundays of every month. Each term, we have a new theme.
What we do
Aims of Junior Church
We have 3 aims, and they are all about relationships that we want to enable -
Junior Church Policy
- New parents/carers complete a form with contact details, medical needs, etc. These forms will be stored safely.
- After Church has finished, parents/carers go to the hall to collect their child(ren), notifying the leaders, and resume again their responsibility for them (even if they then stay for coffee).
- All leaders and helpers will have been checked by the DBS before being allowed to start, and will adhere to our safeguarding policy. If anyone has an issue about Sunday school, they can see one of the leaders or the vicar or one of the safeguarding team.
- The Junior Church leaders meet with the vicar every term and report to the PCC (church council) at least once a year.
All Age Services
We have an all age service in each church once a month - particularly good for people of all ages.
Involvement in Schools
- School visits into church
- Teaching & assisting in lessons
- School services in church
- Governor on 3 schools
- Available for pastoral support for staff and students